About Me

My photo
Monrovia, Montserrado County, Liberia

Translate the Language

Thursday, April 14, 2011

CLEAN SRC ELECTION…NOW!!

Wednesday, 13 April, 2011

PRESS STATEMENT



CLEAN SRC ELECTION…NOW!!

For close to four years, I have witnessed trust and confidence deficit of students’ not only in their elected student leaders but the school authorities alike. This I believe may not have arrived just by night but as a result of an incremental accumulation of appalling performances, decision choices and high-handed stealing of both JCR and SRC coffers at the expense of students’ whose teething problems get compounded everyday of their wakeful moment.

Our condition on campus has been anything but better for the past four years.

We are bartered constantly by flagrant interferences in our SRC elections by our school authorities and the SRC elections for both the 2007/2008 and 2010/2011 academic years are but few of the case studies worthy of students’ attention.

As students’ we rise and fall together. Pointers to our SRC history show that we have been everything but cowards. Sacrifices have been borne for us in order for the way of freedom to be made clear but our stubborn refusal to be our brother’s keeper accounts for our disillusionment.

Today, the National Union of Ghana Students’ (NUGS) is fragmented by the deeds of some “shameless defeatists” who hold forte to their faction of the 1948 establishment. We will be blamed should we fail to right this grave wrong and purge our land of it. The perpetuators must be condemned however the affection we have for them.

As we prepare towards the SRC election for the 2011/2012 academic year, may I lay a clarion call to all students’ to show enthusiasm in the coming election and help take a bold step in saying “Enough is Enough” to the canker of acting SRC leadership. I think we should be fed up with the growing fragility of our SRC structure.

With that said may I use this medium to show my deepest appreciation to all the students’ who kept faith with me and believed in their heart that I AUSTIN BRAKO-POWERS would have been a good SRC President. And most especially those who stood by me every step on the way when the University authorities wrote a petition first in the history of this school for me to be disqualified because I would defend the right of students’.

I must state unequivocally that I will not apologize for my past actions and I am not in the least ashamed of them. Nonetheless, there were some I would have done differently in the new life.

I still remain committed to “THE FIERCE URGENCY OF NOW!” mantra of mine and promise students’ my support in ensuring the election of a candidate whose chest issues of students’ remains paramount.

Thank you all and may God bless you.

Submitted by: Austin Brako-Powers





Cc: DEAN OF STUDENTS


       ELECTORAL COMMISSIONER


       AGT. SRC PRESIDENT


       INTELLIGENCE COMMITTEE CHAIRMAN


       RADIO UNIVERS


      ALL NOTICE BOARDS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You got great points there, that's why I always love checking out your blog.

My blog:
prets en ligne aussi organisme de rachat de credit